Playground Radio – Louis The Childs’ Newest Endeavor
Hailing from Chicago, IL., Robby Hauldren and Freddy Kennett, better known as electronic music duo, Louis The Child, have made a name for themselves in the electronic music community. From sold-out shows, to world tours, the pair have come a long way since joining forces in 2012.
Now, they have embarked on their next endeavor with the launch of their own bi-weekly satellite radio show, Playground Radio. The first episode premiered on, Monday, April 2nd, and included music from What So Not, Elohim, and more.
On April 16th, the second episode of Playground Radio aired to eager listeners. Subscribers to Sirius XM can tune in every other Monday night, to Dance/Electronic Channel 52 – Diplo’s ‘Revolution Radio’, to experience the show.
The second episode started with the sound of school bells and children laughing before launching into, “Kick, Push” by Lupe Fiasco. The episode included tracks from, Alison Wonderland & Blessus, Medasin, and more. Near the end, Hauldren and Kennett shared their new song, “Better Not (featuring Wafia)”.
The complete track-list for the second episode can be found below:
- Kick, Push – Lupe Fiasco (0:46)
- Genghis Khan – Mike Snow (4:43)
- Beach 77 – B77 (7:43)
- Just A Stranger – Kali Uchis (11:06)
- Shedontknowbutsheknows – Tove Lo (13:52)
- About You – G Flip (16:19)
- Hunnybee – Unknown Mortal Orchestra (20:24)
- Faceshopping – SOPHIE (24:00)
- Disco – Towkio (27:53)
- Plaques – Stephanie 1993 (30:11)
- Kurupt – Tchami & Malaa (33:47)
- OKRA – Tyler, The Creator (37:55)
- Cooks – Still Woozy (40:23)
- Don’t Tell Me – Ruel (43:21)
- Here 4 U – Alison Wonderland & Blessus (47:13)
- Better Not – Louis The Child (feat. Wafia) (50:27)
- I Fall Apart (Medasin Remix) – Post Malone (53:51)
Going back to April 2nd, during the first episode, Hauldren and Kennett gave listeners insight on what was to come of the show. The duo told listeners to look forward to “feature tracks, some of our favorite songs from the past and present as well as new and exclusive music from us”.
The track-list from the first episode is featured below:
- Shake Something (ft. Joey Purp) – Louis The Child (0:46)
- Boredom – Tyler, The Creator, Rex Orange County, Anna of the North (4:13)
- Rental – Brockhampton (8:31)
- Diddy Bop – Louis The Child & Jacob Banks (10:42)
- Be Like You – Whethan, BROODS (13:40)
- I Fall Apart (Medasin Remix) – Post Malone (16:07)
- MyBoi (Troyboi Remix) – Billie Eilish (17:54)
- Stand Still (wave racer remix) – Flight Facilities (21:06)
- Fuck Your Money – Elohim (23:35)
- All Night (Louis The Child remix) – Chance (26:59)
- 2 Da Moon – Towkio, Teddy Jackson, Grace Weber (30:04)
- Happy Birthday – Louis The Child & Whethan (33:32)
- Cola – Camelphat, Elderbrook (36:04)
- Wavey – CLiQ & Alina (39:56)
- Alien Boy – Oliver Tree (42:55)
- Pancake Feet – Tennyson (45:39)
- Warlord – What So Not & Slumberjack (47:52)
- No Basic – HERO (50:43)
- Go fuck yourself – two feet (55:11)
- Last To Leave (ft. Caroline Ailin) – Louis The Child (56:54)
After the first episode, Hauldren and Kennett reached out to fans, via Twitter, and asked their opinions of the show. Fans commented their praises of love and wishing the show aired every week instead of bi-weekly. The latest episode of “Playground Radio” launched on April 30th, listen to it here! Tune in this Monday, May 7th, on Channel 52 from 10pm – 11pm Eastern Time Zone.